Phonics - Read Write Inc.
At Samares we use the Read Write Inc (RWI) programme to get children off to a flying start with their phonics and reading. RWI is a method of learning centred round letter sounds and phonics, and we use it to aid children in their early reading and writing.
When using RWI to read the children will:
- learn 44 sounds and the corresponding letter/letter groups using simple picture prompts
- learn to read words using Fred Talk
- read lively stories featuring words they have learned to sound out
- show that they comprehend the stories by answering questions.
When using RWI to write the children will:
- learn to write the letters/letter groups which represent 44 sounds.
- learn to write words by saying the sounds in Fred Talk
- write simple sentences
Please follow the links to the side of this page for resources for Set 1, Set 2 and Set 3 Sounds.
If you would like to discuss how to support your child with their learning of phonics, please get in touch.